The material of corflute packaging vegetable boxes is usually polypropylene (PP) or polyethylene (PE). This material is ideal for fruit and vegetable packaging boxes because they are lightweight, water- and chemical-resistant, and easy to clean and sterilize. Additionally, these materials are resistant to most oils, solvents, and acids, which is critical to maintaining vegetable quality.
The corflute packaging vegetable box is a container used for packaging and transporting various vegetables. Its characteristics and functions mainly include the following:
- Protection: PP corrugated boxes can effectively protect the vegetables inside, reduce friction and impact during transportation, and prevent vegetables from being damaged due to extrusion, vibration, etc.
- Storage function: This type of box is suitable for temporary storage and classification of vegetables, helping to improve space utilization and keep vegetables fresh.
- Moisture-proof and waterproof: Polypropylene materials usually have good moisture-proof and waterproof properties, which means that even in humid environments, vegetables can be protected from moisture and extend their shelf life.
- Lightweight and durable: The material is lightweight, strong and durable, easy to transport, and reusable, reducing packaging costs and improving economic benefits.
- Anti-static and flame-retardant options: Some corflute boxes may have anti-static or flame-retardant properties, which increases the safety of the product in certain special environments.
PP corrugated fruit and vegetable boxes have a wide range of application scenarios, covering the entire supply chain of vegetables from the production source to the final retail point. Main application scenarios include:
- Farm picking: After farmers pick vegetables, they immediately put them into corrugated plastic vegetable boxes for quick transportation and protection.
- Sorting and packaging: During the sorting operation, these boxes are used to classify vegetables according to size and quality to facilitate subsequent sales and distribution.
- Cold storage: Corflute packaging boxes are used to store vegetables in cold storage to maintain their freshness and reduce food loss.
- Transportation: They are stacked stably, easy to load and unload, and suitable for long-distance transportation. Impact resistance and durability ensure the protection of vegetables during transportation.
- Wholesale markets: In wholesale markets, vegetables are usually still kept in these boxes to facilitate buying, selling, and moving.
- Retail points: Supermarkets or vegetable stores may directly use these corflute packaging boxes to display and sell vegetables, allowing consumers to easily select.
- Recycling and reuse: Because PP corrugated boxes are strong and durable, they can be recycled multiple times, saving resources and reducing packaging costs.
The design of Corlfute packaging boxes usually takes into account the ventilation effect to ensure the air permeability of vegetables during storage and transportation, thereby extending the shelf life, which is particularly important for ensuring the quality of vegetables.
The corrugated plastic box is a new type of turnover box in the logistics packaging industry, many people also call it correx box, corflute box, or coroplast box, it also can be called corrugated plastic bin, corrugated plastic totes, and corrugated plastic containers.